Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Ferguson TE20 "Grålle" - Part 2

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in April 2019, although the wording of the text makes it seem as if it happened today.

After having built and primed the power train (with Vallejo grey primer from a rattle can) I decided to paint and weather the power train, since it would be easier to reach all the details at this point rather than when the model was fully assembled.

Overall, the paint job would not be complicated. Everything except a few details should be grey, unless you do the French built FE20 tractor in which case some parts, as the motor, would be red. The Heller kit did actaully include paint, but I found the grey paint a little to dark for my taste. After all, my "Fergie" was to be old and sunbleached, and besides, I did not now how that paint would spray. 

 I did the following
- added the dashboard
- sprayed the complete assemby with Vallejo 70.989 Sky grey
- added the battery and brush painted it black as per the instructions
- painted the radiator piping black as per the instructions
- added miscellaneous cables and pipes using phosphor bronze wire. The
  wire that stood in for cables I painted black.
- painted various details such as the ignition coil and distributor in
  miscellaneous non-grey colors to add some visual interest
- gave everything a wash of turpentine and black and burnt umber oil
  paints. I also gave some parts a wash of AK Track Wash

Here is the result:







No comments:

Post a Comment