Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Digging a hole - Part 9

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in November 2018, although the wording of the text makes it seem as if it happened today.

Time to build the last items before putting everything together. The things I intended to build were a crash attenuator and some signs. Something like this:



I started out with some tyres from Meng.



I really needed 9 tyres to create three stacks with three tyres in each, but I did not want to buy three packages. The two I bought were pricey enough. Instead I cut one tyre in half and built the two missing halfes from modelling clay. By letting the clay tyre halfs face backwards, towards the concrete barrier that will sit behind the stacks, no one would be able to notice.



Glueing the stacks together.



Next, painting the them yellow...



...and adding a stripe of red.



I created the signs from styrene, brass tubing and pieces of wood.



Finally, the actual signage was added. End result, after some additional touch up and detailing.



And as said initially, what remains is to put it all together. And adding some roadside vegetation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment