Monday, March 8, 2021

Building a Hitachi Zaxis 135US Excavator - Part 2

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in October 2018, although the wording of the text is as if it happened today.

Progress has been slow but at last the cab is all done. Here are the parts, ready for assembly. 



I tried to tint the glass for the windows and as can be seen above I think I got the color fairly right, but the it did not flow as it should. The result is glass that is sort of uneven as can be seen in the pictures below. I think the problem was that I diluted gloss medium with water, which contrary to my intenstions, raised the surface tension of the fluid, and prevented it from flowing evenly on the glass (plastic). I take it as an learning experience for next time.

Anyway, here is the assembled cab. The windows actually look better in real life. As always the camera is unforgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment