Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Digging a hole - Part 1

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in November 2018, although the wording of the text makes it seem as if it happened today.

I have started on a diorama to show off the Hitachi Zaxis 135US Excavator i built earlier, and as shown in earlier posts. 

Since an excavator is intended to dig, as far as I know 😃, I wanted the scene to show just that - an excavator digging a hole. I have settled on road work scene where one of the lanes of a street has been blocked off with barriers, and the behind the barriers the digger is at work. My scene plan/sketch looks like this:



Apart from the stuff shown above I intend to add other details as well, like various signs, traffic cones and likewise. 

So far I have also cut the diorama base from a piece of extruded foam. The foam is 5 cm (2") thick which hopefully is enough for the depth of a decent looking hole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment