Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Digging a hole - Part 6

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in November 2018, although the wording of the text makes it seem as if it happened today.

In the previous post I said that road paving would be the next step. That is still true, and is ongoing. But there is not yet very much of interest to see. Instead I want to show something else related to the same diorama.

Around here a special type of marker signs are very common when traffic needs to be temporarily diverted. The signs look like as in the picture below.



So I obviously needed a bunch of those. I made the actual signs from pieces of strip styrene, while I made the base plates using wood model wall cladding.


The signs were painted orange.


Instead of trying to paint the stripes I used a photo of a sign which I cropped so that only the striping remained, scaled down to 1/35, duplicated and printed on ordinary letter/copy paper.



There is actually two stripe patterns for each sign. One for each side, with the stripes "pointing" in opposite directions (left/right). I cut out the signs and glued them in place. Here is the result.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment