Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Digging a hole - Part 2

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in November 2018, although the wording of the text makes it seem as if it happened today.

Some work on the base plate. First I moved the road towards the front and also angled it. This to make more room on the far side and make the whole thing a little less visually predictable. I also decided to change the hole into a trench, the story now being that trench digging begun off scene and has now reached the road where so far one lane has been dug up.  The trench will eventually cross the road and continue on the other side, but that will happen in some only imaginable future. The reason for this change is that I wanted it to be possible to look in to the modelled hole/trench from below. I thought that might give the opportunity for some interesting photo angles. 😊

I have so far cut out the trench. I found it easier to cut through the foam board and then create a new bottom from a piece of Masonite. Here are some photos (although not very exciting).




 

No comments:

Post a Comment