Monday, March 8, 2021

Building a Hitachi Zaxis 135US Excavator - Part 1

Blog Catch Up: This really happened in Septemeber 2018, although the wording of the text is as if it happened today.

This is a kind of experiment. I have not built a plastic kit in, I guess, 45 years! And I have always dreaded taking on air brushing. But now I have decided that it is time for some changes in both these departments. So I have started to build a Hitachi Zaxis 135US Excavator. A 1:35 scale kit by Hasegawa. No, I'm not into construction or civil engineering and thus do not know more than any ordinary citizen about excavators. So why an excavator? I assume I just found this modell to be cool.




As I already said, airbrushing has not been a favourite of mine. Throughout the years I have made some attempts but only ended up with clogging and every other possible mishap. This time however, I have decided to make a more serious attempt. So far I have at least learned to not be outright scared by the airbrush😀

Regarding the kit at hand, I have put together the major sub-assemblies and given them a coat of primer. Like this:



 

Yes I know, the primer is a little thin on the orange parts. But this will have to do. There will be other layers of paint on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment