Sunday, September 4, 2022

H0 Superior Detritus #238

This is an old write-up of an old project. I just wanted to rescue the it from the old defunct web page where it has been sitting for years. Here goes (original unedited text):


A small ad in Model Railroader magazine got my attention. The ad promoted a H0 boxcar kit, namely the “Superior Detritus Company #238” car. I was immediately hooked and knew I had to build this kit, “wrong” scale or not

The finished car is shown in these pictures, on a piece of H0 track placed in front of my N scale layout. Does it not just look great? Makes you seriously consider switching to H0.


The kit is produced by Full Circle Models, N.Y. (http://fullcmodels.com/), and includes a wealth of nifty details. It is a very well designed kit but requires your full attention and concentration. But as I see it, that is a big part of the fun. Also, any questions and problems are quickly answered and resolved by Chris at FCM.

Highly Recommended!

With a model as nice as this one I just had to try Proto:87 wheels, instead of  the original standard H0 wheels. Looks better, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment