Saturday, September 2, 2023

Decaying Stuff - part 8

I have started on the old brick wall which shall serve as a scenic background for the "decaying stuff". I am building the wall out of foam, of which I first cut a piece of suitable size. Then I scribed the brick contours into the foam with a hobby knife.


The part where the bricks are missing will be an area of the wall where the original plaster still remains, thus obscuring the bricks.

Next step was to widen the knife scribes to get the look of individual bricks. I used some dentist's tools for that (I don't know if they actually are authentic tools used by real dentists but that's how they were advertised 😀 ).


I will do some more forming of the bricks, removing some and generally trying to get a more worn look.


No comments:

Post a Comment