Friday, September 15, 2023

Decaying Stuff - part 13

 I added some more grass tufts, and some more 6 mm static grass as well.


And then, surprisingly, but as I have seen been done by others, and have done a few times myself, painted all of the grass and terrain black!


Why would you like to do a thing like that? Firstly, if you use a variety of different vegetation materials and of different brands the effect might end up a little off, often with colors a little too bright and shiny. Natural colors are often very subdued. One way to get round that is by airbrushing everything with colors of your own choice, and for this to work you would like a consistent base color. Using black as that color furthermore helps creating fake shadows and depth. 

None of this is my idea to start with, but something I have picked up from various online sources. But I have used it before, and like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment