Thursday, August 24, 2023

Decaying Stuff - part 6 - Sort of a drawback

I sat out to prime some of the 3D printed 1/35 scale chairs I bought for this little project. Like this:


Perfectly OK chairs, at the first look. Then I thought it would be nice with a matching table, which I scratch built from styrene and some brass rod. But when I placed a chair next to the table I saw that something was out of scale. The chair looked awfully small alongside the table. Measurements and calculations showed that the chairs are rather 1/45 scale than the advertised 1/35. Bugger! 😒

The small size also reveals itself when a chair is placed alongside the bike. The picture below shows the problem.


The fridge and the washing machine (from the same manufacturer) are also on the small side, but only a tad. I think they can pass. What to do with the chairs I do not know right now. I'll postpone that decision for now, and start working on the scenery base instead. Seems funnier. 😐

No comments:

Post a Comment