Friday, August 18, 2023

Decaying Stuff - part 2

I started by assembling the bicycles. It turned out that the actual bicycles where identical in the two different "Soldier-with-Bicycle" kits I had bought. The two kits where the same, except for the figures themselves. What otherwise differed between the kits was which gear you were supposed to load onto the bike. This is what the bike parts of the kits both looked like.


I just wanted the generic bike parts and not any of the military gear. I also did not use the more archaic looking parts, like the old style hand-brake handle, since I wanted the bikes to pass as a little more modern items, matching the washing machine and the refrigerators.

This was not a very easy build (for me at least), since many parts were very small and fragile, having a tendency to break. Resulting in some not very nice looking attempts at mending. 

I made one of the bikes more or less intact looking while the other one has been somewhat cannibalized and wrecked  Here are the two bikes after assembly.



No comments:

Post a Comment