Friday, June 2, 2023

VW Beetle - part 1

I have started a new diorama (Or vignette? What's the difference?) The scene will show an old rusty and beat up Volkswagen Beetle, partly overgrown by moss.

But first, I have to admit; This build is heavily inspired by a VW Beetle build by 'Night Shift' of YouTube fame. Check him out! My build will be quite similar to his. It just looked so darn fun that I just had to do it. 😀 

I started out with a Tamiya Volkswagen 1966 Beetle kit in 1:24 scale. As here:


Since this Beetle was supposed to have been abandoned and been the victim of weather, and maybe even abuse, I started by doing some damage to the body and front hood parts. I then spray painted all major parts with a black primer, followed by a rusty brown layer. The latter was actually a layer of of several different red/orange/brown tones.



No comments:

Post a Comment